Learn how to promote your listing through such techniques as Encouraging Additional Sales, Optimizing the Listing and Building a List Machine
We are still on promoting our eBay listing in order to sell our items. We have some promotional techniques already under our belt. Things like promoting through the use of marketing tools and branding and linking to other listings. Now we will cover such promotional activities as encouraging additional sales, optimizing the listing and building a list machine.
Technique #4 Persuade or Promote Additional Sales, Just like at MacDonald’s
“Would you like fries with your burger?” Many a time, you will hear that from an employee and it works a lot of times. This is based on the belief that it costs less to sell more items to one who is already a buyer than to try to get a new customer. That is why so-called gurus advocate building a list. They can keep selling to the customers who have already bought from them.
Amazon is very good at this too. When you buy a travel book for instance, they will encourage the buyer to buy other books like “Cruising Around the World on Queen Mary 2 for 103 Days”. Amazon will also be suggesting other travel books as well. Then perhaps, suggest a travel agency. It is really to the best interest of any business to do this for this can increase the profit in each sale without having to spend money on more promotions.
How Do We Encourage Additional Sales?
There are tricks to this and one way is to offer a discount on additional items bought like a 15% discount on the second item sold and a 20% discount on the third item.
Having a prominent clickable link to your eBay Listings will encourage additional sales. Make this in addition to the default link that eBay creates.
Making it easy for the customers to see your listings in your eBay Store will also help. Offer them items that will complement what they bought. If they bought a Smoothie Recipe book, they may want to buy a blender they can use to make a smoothie.
Presenting a shipping discount when buying a second item may make a buyer decide to buy a second item. Say the shipping cost is not doubled. Adding a dollar for each additional item bought will encourage the customer to buy more. It will be hard to resist the combined shipping discount, don’t you think?
Trick #5: Optimize or Improve Your Listings for Search
Actually only around 10% will find your listing through browsing. The rest will find the items that interest them through the search function of eBay. I know you know what this means; you will really have to optimize your listing not only for eBay customers but also for people who use Google, Yahoo and other search engines to look for items they are interested in.
When your items show up in the search results of the other search engines, you get publicity for the products you are trying to sell. Since your main consideration is the eBay search results, you have to focus on that. Why? It is because, eBay search functions only look for the listing titles so include as many relevant keywords as you can there.
It is different with the web search engines for they search the whole listing, titles, descriptions and all. So how do we improve our listings for the search engines in the web? We know we have to optimize our work. There are tricks to do in this regard. No, I don’t mean for us to trick the search engines. I mean we have to optimize our work so the search engines can find us. Here are things we can do:
Follow Me On eBay: an Experiment to Increase our Visibility in Search
For the above video, I was only interested on getting the listing more visibility but the man who did it touched on other subjects but it’s all about eBay so they may help you too especially when combined with the following tips. Just give him a bit of time for at 7th minute of the video, he touched on the visibility.
1. Use title tags to indicate the listing title that should be accurate and unique. Include relevant keywords without stuffing unnecessary ones. Make the title brief but descriptive and informative.
2. The same is true with the description which should exactly summarize what the page is about in a sentence or two or maybe a brief paragraph that will interest and inform readers. It should include keywords the customers may use in searching for your item.
3. Have a clear organization hierarchy that is flowing naturally from the general content to the specific content. It is like a mini-outline with the most important information in the major headings and the less important ones in a sub-headings. Have the most important keywords higher up in the page highlighted, bold or in italics.
4. Instead of images, use text but if you must use images, you have to describe them in the text accurately using the
Trick #6 Create a List Building Machine
Successful sellers keep a record of all their listings and purchasers. As they say, if you don’t do this, you are leaving money on the table. Each buyer of your items if you don’t keep a record will be lost in oblivion. You can convert this one-time purchaser into life-long buyers. He will be glad to get an email from you if you send him news on some new items he is interested in.
You should make this an optin list as it is a no-no to send spam. As soon as a buyer pays for his merchandise he bought, ask if he is interested in learning more things on sale and offers ahead of the rest. If he is, then he can sign up for your newsletter informing him of the latest bargains on eBay.
In an email you can thank him for his purchase and show him an optin page with an attention-grabbing headline urging him to sign up for a newsletter that will give him notice or a peek on what you have for sale. There will be a strong subhead to alert the visitors on the importance of knowing what is for sale ahead of time.
Then there are some bullet points where you will be listing all the benefits he will get if he signs up. Give him enough reason to opt in and start the convincing process. The bullets will show them the benefits he will be getting if he signs up. There will be an opt-in form where he can sign up for your newsletter and a strong call to action with private policy and disclaimer links.
Email marketing is made easy by eBay though. Free email marketing is offered to all eBay Store owners and everyone I talked to says it works. What eBay does is add a Newsletter link Sign up form to all your own listings. Then eBay creates five different mailing lists to fit different customers and kind of products.
The marketing tools at eBay will help find how successful your newsletters are which will give you an idea on ways to improve it as you go along. Then each month every eBay store owner can send free 5000 emails to the subscribers. You can send more but you have to pay a small amount, just a penny an email over the 5000 you are allowed to send for free.
How Do We Create an Email Mailing List?
I thought you’d never ask. Here is how:
1. Click the Marketing Tools link in My eBay.
2. The Summary page appears in the Marketing Tools. Click the link for Email Marketing in the section for Store Marketing.
3. Click the button for Create Mailing List and when the Email Marketing Summary page comes into view, enter the name of this mailing list.
4. Click the Save button and there you go, you have just created an Email Mailing List.
How Do We Add Subscribers to the Mailing List?
Subscribers cannot be added manually to the mailing lists. Just like before, they have to opt in themselves. They can easily do this from the item listings and through the pages at eBay Store. Each time someone adds you in their list of favorite sellers, they will be given the option to subscribe to your email newsletter,
Or buyers can subscribe to your email newsletters when they visit your eBay Store. While there, on the top of the page, they can sign up by clicking the sign Up link for the Store newsletter. Once they subscribe, their names will appear in the bottom of the page when they click the link for the Email Marketing Subscriber list. This page will also allow you to block subscribers so they will not receive emails.
How Do We Create an Email Newsletter and Send it to the Subscribers List?
1. Click the link for Marketing Tools in My eBay.
2. Click the link for EmailMarketing when the summary page appears.
3. Click the button for CreateEmail when the Email Marketing Summary page shows up.
4. At this point, the Select a Template shows up. You then can pull down the Type of Email List where you can choose the type of newsletter you want to send.
5. You can also select the template for your email newsletter here before clicking the button that says Continue.
6. There are a few things to do in step 6 when the Create Email page appears. You have to add the necessary information like which email list you’re sending the newsletter to, if you want to send it on automatic schedule, if you want to show your Store header, the newsletter’s subject and message, what products you want to showcase or if you want to show your feedback. Now you can click Preview and Continue button.
7. Check your newsletter, click the button for Edit Email if you want to change or add anything. Once you’re satisfied with how your email newsletter looks like in the preview, then click the Send Email button.
There you have three more ways to promote your listing: encourage additional sales, optimizing the list and building a list machine. These three ways along with using the marketing tools, branding and linking to your other listings should successfully promote your items for sale, no problem.
What do you think of the three ways to promote your listing? Feel free to leave your comment below on how to promote your listing in order to get some visibility at eBay and ultimately get your item sold.
By Roger Guzman, M.D. and Evelyn Guzman
Do you want a short cut to get your listing and any other content of yours to the top of the search engine? This man focused his energy and expertise in developing a time tested, proven system that can help anyone dominate their market. Try it for 60 days and get your money back!
Please leave a comment or feedback below; we will greatly appreciate it.
Don’t Miss Reading These Related Posts.
6. Home Business Steps Tips For eBay Business
Copyright 2014 Roger Guzman, M.D. and Evelyn Guzman All rights reserved.